Hill Country Film Festival Turns to Texas Based Organizations to Sponsor 2012 Event
Festival Organizers Partner with Goodwill Industries of Central Texas, H-E-B, Texas Film Commission, and TCU College of Communication to Showcase Independent Filmmaking
The Hill Country Film Festival (HCFF), an independent film event held in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, Fredericksburg, Texas (April 26-29, 2012), today announced it has secured Goodwill Industries of Central Texas, H-E-B, Texas Film Commission, and TCU College of Communication as sponsors for the 2012 festival.
“These organizations were gracious enough to support HCFF financially which will enable us to deliver a festival that reflects the art and craft of independent filmmaking,” said Chad Mathews, founder, HCFF. “Their support allows both industry professionals and film lovers from around the world and those local to Fredericksburg to engage in dialogue about filmmaking via our hosted filmmaker Q&A/interviews, discussion panels, and festival parties.”
HCFF secured other sponsors for ‘in kind’ support which include:
- Auslander Restaurant and Biergarten (www.theauslander.com) – A landmark to Fredericksburg for more than 20 years, Auslander offers the finest in authentic German cuisine and other popular dishes. The restaurant has supported the festival since its inception in 2010.
- Best of Fredericksburg (www.bestoffredericksburgtx.com) – A free premier travel guide showcasing the best of Fredericksburg including dining, art, wine, shopping, entertainment, B&Bs, health and wellness, weddings, and more.
- Blue Moon Brewing Company (www.bluemoonbrewingcompany.com) – A purveyor of uniquely flavored handcrafted beers, the brewer has been a festival partner since 2010.
- Final Draft (www.finaldraft.com) – Founded in 1991, Final Draft offers scriptwriting programs that allow the writer to concentrate on the creative process and not on Hollywood's stringent formatting rules. Since then, Final Draft is the world’s number one selling scriptwriting program and the choice amongst Hollywood professionals.
- Footage Firm (www.footagefirm.com) – Footage Firm offers HD and SD royalty-free stock footage from around the world.
- JetBlue Airways (www.jetblue.com) – JetBlue is New York's Hometown Airline™ with other focus cities in Boston, Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles, and Orlando.
- KRVL-FM /KOOK-FM/KERV-AM (www.revfmradio.com) – Rev FM (94.3 FM) is a classic rock radio station based in Kerrville, Texas, that has supported HCFF since 2010, and is increasing their support via their sister stations KOOK (93.5 FM) and KERV (1230 AM).
- Video Blocks (www.videoblocks.com) – VideoBlocks.com is a subscription-based website that provides members with unlimited downloads of stock video, footage, motion backgrounds, production music, sound effects and more.
“Without the support of our sponsors, HCFF simply would not be in existence,” continued Mathews. “We approached all of our current sponsors because we believe in the work they do or the tremendous value they place in promoting the arts.”
Attending the Festival
All access festival badges and individual tickets are currently available for purchase on the festival’s site. Additional festival news can be found on the HCFF Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HillCountryFilmFestival and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/HC_Film_Fest.
About Hill Country Film Festival
Set in Fredericksburg, Texas, the Hill Country Film Festival (HCFF) is the vision of its director Chad Mathews, an actor, screenwriter, producer, and native Texan. Having participated in the film festival circuit, Mathews came to love the camaraderie and shared respect of those who are committed to the art of independent filmmaking. HCFF was created to celebrate and showcase filmmakers from Texas and around the world. For more information, visit www.hillcountryff.com.